I thought for my next post I’d write up the oil change procedure for the X3. Turns out it was easier than I thought it would be, the most important part was that I planned ahead and had the correct tools available before starting. I found similar procedures elsewhere online, but none had the complete BMW X3 oil change procedure.
Total time: About 40 minutes my first time and taking pictures.
Tools & Parts needed:
1. Ramps (I used old Rhino Ramps)
2. 6-7 quarts of Mobil 1 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil, which is the BMW X3 oil capacity
3. A BMW oil filter wrench (mine was 86mm, 16 flats or flutes as the Brits call them)
4. A socket set with a 17mm socket to remove the oil drain plug
5. BMW oil change kit, number 11427566327 (contains oil filter, large O ring, small O ring, 1 crush washer) available here
6. Gloves, oil pan, towels- small flat head screwdriver to pry on and off O rings
Here’s a link to the oil filter change kit on Amazon, it’s the best price shipped I could find.